Savings and Loans
Savings and loans for KUPA members is meant to uplift the lives of the members through micro financing services for purpose of development.
- A member is allowed to save as little as Ksh. 50 per day and above depending on his/her financial muscles.
- Interest rate shall be 10% on reducing balance.
- Frequency of savings is daily, weekly and monthly.
- A member shall be allowed to borrow 4 times his/her savings after a period of six months.
- There shall be a retained minimum balance of Ksh. 1500 in each and every members account.
- Processing fee shall be charged depending on the amount borrowed.
- There shall be a retained equivalent balance amounting to the annual payment of your cash benefit at any one time.
Qualification for a loan
- Active member for KUPA's welfare, cash benefits and has been saving for the last six months.
- Have active guarantors who are members of the welfare, cash benefit and savings.
- Has not defaulted from KUPA welfare.
- Is actively paying monthly contribution promptly.
- Savings exceeds the stipulated duration of 6 months and above.
- Member without CRB enlisting.
- Has not defaulted in any of the above benefits.
- Has a minimu savings of Ksh.5,000.
How to register for savings
- Dial *483*210#.
- Select 1. Register to savings.
- Choose how frequent you want to save.
- Select how much do you want to save.
- Then send.
How to deposit your savings
- Go to LIPA na MPESA.
- Select Buy Goods and Services.
- Enter Till No. 958375.
- Enter Amount.
- Enter your Mpesa PIN then send.